A hiking hotel in Tyrol to explore the beauty of Ötztal
Hotel Tauferberg in Niederthai is your ideal hiking hotel in Tyrol We have been a member of Wanderhotels Tirol (Tyrol’s Hiking Hotels) since it was founded in 1997 and offer the varied service of a certified hiking hotel in Tyrol.
Together with our certified hiking guides we take our guests on leisurely family hikes and various themed hikes to the most beautiful mountain pastures and huts in the Ötztal Alps. You can take a break and treat yourself to a comfortable breather at more than 200 huts, mountain farms and snack bars in total while hiking in Ötztal.
We select the right tour for you from the more than 35 adventure and leisurely hikes at our hiking hotel in Tyrol. Together we set off directly from our activity hotel in Ötztal and experience the unique nature of the Ötztal and Stubai Alps up close. Imposing glaciers, colourful larch forests and idyllic lakes – are just a few of the diverse impressions that await you around our hiking hotel in Tyrol.
Your hiking hotel in Tyrol with exceptional service
We are a member of Wanderhotels Tirol (Tyrol’s Hiking Hotels) and consciously focus on a combination of active relaxation and outdoor activity in alpine nature. Hike through Ötztal and enjoy the special hiking service on your holiday in Tyrol in the summer. At our hiking hotel in Tyrol we offer you:
- A variety-packed hiking and weekly programme with regular themed hikes
- Attractive hiking packages on special themes
- Qualified mountain hiking guides on hikes
- Free hire of hiking equipment such as telescopic poles, Nordic walking poles, backpacks, drinking bottles, weather protection, hiking maps and via ferrata equipment
- Numerous route descriptions for hiking in Ötztal
- Tour suggestions as well as nature and plants guide from our reception
- Weekly meet-up with tour tips and advice
- Nutritious cooking made from fresh ingredients, mainly from the region, and packed lunches to take with you (for a fee)
- Boot room for hiking boots
- Hiking bus stop right in front of the hotel
- A number of other inclusive services for a successful holiday at our hiking hotel in Tyrol
Explore the nature park while hiking in Ötztal
Our hiking hotel in Tyrol is situated in the middle of the Ötztal nature park, Austria’s third largest nature park with an area of more than 500 km². You have plenty of opportunity to enjoy the solitude and silence of nature and recharge your batteries from this while hiking in Ötztal. Besides valuable stone pine forests, steep rock faces and perfectly adapted flora and fauna worthy of protection, unparalleled lake scenery also awaits you while hiking in Ötztal. And as if that isn't enough: the Ötztal nature park has the largest proportion of glaciated area in Austria (just under 20%). You can find stunning, unspoilt scenery very close to our hiking hotel in Tyrol that invites you to experience a whole variety of activities in the summer and winter.
Besides the large glaciers, the natural science research and high alpine archaeology are among the highlights in this nature park near our hiking hotel in Tyrol.
The uniqueness of this protected area can be explored best while hiking in Ötztal. The nature park offers its visitors several tours and events: twelve themed hikes per week, more than 25 individual events on current nature themes and a comprehensive children’s programme.
Our hiking hotel in Tyrol is a partner business of the Ötztal nature park. There is no cost for guests at our hiking hotel in Tyrol to take part in the nature park hikes and everything else is for free too: daily guided hikes through the nature park, themed trails on high alpine archaeology, glaciology or life in the Obergurgl stone pine forest are available for anyone who is interested.